Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mythbusters, Bugs and Belgium

It’s a nice thing to go to bed at a reasonable hour and have some crazy dreams. I had several dreams last night that were epic in scale yet mild in scope. It would seem that most of my dreams are clearly influenced by television. That would explain the Mythbusters appearance. (No, sadly it was not Kari) As you should know, Mythbusters is a great television show on The Discovery Channel.

Like most dreams I have no idea where to start in explaining what was going on. There was a lot of activity, experiments and running, discussions and watching, even a cameo from an ex-girlfriend for a short car ride. I can’t recall where we were going but I must say that she looked very nice.  It was all so hyperkinetic and all over the place all at once yet there were definite slow spots and plot movement. The thing I remember when I woke was, “Mythbusters, Bugs and Belgium”.

I am assuming this because, as I mentioned, there were some experiments going on with Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters. I don’t remember what we were experimenting with or why but it seemed very important at the time. I know that at some point it had something to do with bugs. And I hate bugs. All bugs, every bug on earth I find horribly disgusting, all wearing their skeletons on the outside, scavenging in the dirt and refuse of our lives, drinking our blood and all kinds of horrors. Yuck, I hate bugs. So I was surprised they made it into my dreams. I try not to think about them most of the time. (Oh god there’s one on me now isn’t there?)

I also know we were in Belgium. I’ve never been to Belgium. The phrase I most recall from the dream was, “Never trust a Belgian”. I’ve never even met a Belgian that I’m aware of and why would they be untrustworthy?  I am attributing this thought to something I probably watched on The History Channel about World War II.  (Although I am stumped by the reference. I apologize to any Belgian readers. I’m huge in Belgium.)

Dreams are so fantastic and when I woke up this morning I felt as if I had lived a thousand lives and each of those thousand lives had the adventure of a lifetime. No wonder I am so tired already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment