Monday, December 27, 2010

Very Little Time for This...

I took a few days off around the Holidays; just a little time to get my head back squarely on my shoulders. It was lovely to relax and unwind after all the stress and hectic head banging that goes on most work days. I slept without much stressful tossing and turning and felt better than I had in a while.

All that came screeching to a violent halt this morning. What is it with you people? Can’t you sustain verticality for a couple of lousy days?  Doesn’t it make sense when you 80 years old to stay inside during an ice storm? Did I miss something? If the weather is bad, please stay in and if you must go outside for any reason, be careful. Not every lot will be plowed and not every store floor will be dry. Pay attention to your surroundings and stop being a burden to society.

It’s more than just this incredibly ridiculous workload so shortly after a holiday. Some of the corporate higher ups caved to the client’s insane demands and we are now even further crippled to do our jobs effectively.  I don’t understand being hired to do a job but then not allowed to do it. That’s just dumb to me. The majority of the people I work with are college educated or have been in this industry for 30 years or so. It’s amazing that the client thinks we’re all stupid and need to be hand-held for everything we do. That’s also infuriating. I actually have some clue as to what I am doing.

So I have to keep this particular complain-orama brief as I really have a lot of actual work to do. Ah, to get paid to write for a living, now that’s the dream. I hope everyone is having as pleasant a Monday as I.  Let’s try to keep our chins up, so when the mule kicks he won’t break our noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment