Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Stuff

It’s my third day without sweet, sweet nicotine. I’ve been pretty good so far. The extra oxygen in my blood stream is an interesting sensation for sure. As I lay down to go to bed last night I had a very curious time. I kept breathing without any difficulty and all the extra clean air seemed to ignite my senses. I’m not sure how stopping smoking effects ones hearing but I heard my alarm clocks for the first time in a long time this morning and I didn’t have any trouble getting out of bed and making it to work on time. 

I don’t know if I can attribute that to stopping smoking or a new sense of responsibility for 2011. I’m not getting any younger for sure and by stopping smoking I’ve likely significantly increased my lifespan, so I’ve got to start taking a little more serious approach with what the hell I’m going to do with all this life.

It’s too bad I still have no idea what to do with myself. Lately I’ve been looking for that special woman to spend my time with. (All that precious time.) I look forward to being a couple again. It’s been a long time for that. I’m starting to wonder about children too. Am I going to have any children and spread my wicked genetic seed through history? I’d like to for sure and part of me feels like time is running out. I’m sure it isn’t, but I just have a bad feeling.

I hope 2011 does bring a lot of answers to my questions. I hope 2011 is filled with fantastic opportunities that I’m not too cowardly to explore. There’s so much potential in new beginnings as long as you’re quick enough to see them. I hope I’m that brave and that swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment