Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cold Front

It’s happened again, I’ve caught another cold. I hate getting a cold. The last cold I had was back toward the end of November and that cough lingered until at least the first few weeks of January. Now, my nose is congested and my head is cloudy. I hate taking cold medicine too because it makes me so loopy.

Who do I blame for this cold resurgence? There must be someone to blame, there always is. I need a scapegoat, a virus ridden scapegoat. I’m pretty diligent about washing my hands and keeping pretty germ free (there’s no way to be 100% germ free, we're human beings after all).  I need to find that illness spreading monster and stomp them out with all the relish of an accordion playing monkey. I think an accordion playing monkey would be quite proud of its ability to play the accordion and thusly play with relish and vigor. Accordion. 

See, cold medicine doesn’t sit very well with me and takes me on tangents of wild imagination and conversation. It also seems to slow my ability to keep a thought in my head. For instance, I will likely forget how it is that I want to end this sentence by the time I get to the end.  Okay, well, maybe not that time but it does cause me to sit idly by as my brain searches for the next word that might help make some sense out of the…um… sentence.

In other cold front news, it’s amazingly cold outside today. It’s a painful cold and when you combine that with the frozen snot in the nasal cavity, you’re in for some rough outside activities. It’s like that every winter I suppose. It’s amazing how quickly each winter passes from one’s memories and is forgotten until the next Arctic blast finds its way into our faces.  It’s almost like last winter never happened and any thought of it is like trying to grasp vapor. However, summer is never far from the minds of Chicagoans and we think about it often as we sit or stand, shivering at bus and train stations.

I’m really looking forward to the big thaw that will eventually find its way to us. I want that open window warmth flowing over me.  I’m extremely tired of the cold and snow. I feel like it’s been winter forever.  I need summer like a kid that loves cake standing outside of an unopened cake shop, nose pressed up against the glass, getting snot all over the window pane; I want it NOW!

And I want this cold virus to run its course very quickly so I can get back to meeting all the beautiful ladies. (Apparently cold medicine makes me think I’m sexy and desirable. Hmm, there might be something to this cold medicine)

No comments:

Post a Comment