Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday, again...

It’s Friday again; the most lovable day of the week. Who doesn’t like Fridays? I mean it’s still a pain that we have to work during the day on Friday but once that five o’clock whistle blows its pure bliss. Of course if you don’t have a job or one that involves the sweet Friday release I am sorry, but for most of us working stiffs, it’s a literal Godsend.

Friday in winter is still not that bad. Even though it’s cold and crappy out, gray even; it’s still not as bad as a Monday on a beautiful summer’s day.  Friday is like a beautiful mountain breeze winding its way through the valley of our souls.  It might seem like I’m waxing a little too poetic about Friday, but I think I’m really just saying what everyone is thinking.

Friday is like that sweet girl you always wanted to talk to but never really had the courage to say anything to. You saw her all the time but every opportunity to introduce yourself was interrupted by something insane, like a car full of clowns pulling up to the curb or a sudden stampede of Bison or something. She was so approachable and easy going but somehow always just out of reach. Friday is a feeling in your gut that’s sort of warm and soothing, like a great cup of coffee on the blustery winter day.  

I might hazard to say that I have a crush on Friday. I mean I’m not in love with her. I’m really more in love with Saturday morning truth being told, but Friday adds something to the mix that I can’t quite put my finger on. She’s seductive and mysterious, not just an open book like Saturday is. Saturday is always filled with plans and activities but Friday, after work, is up for anything. I think that’s what makes her so damn attractive.

I always imagine Friday as a beautiful woman, sitting at the bar, short but tasteful skirt exposing long beautiful legs, an appropriate top to match the skirt that just hints at her bosom but doesn’t show you anything really. She's desire incarnate. She’s got long soft hair, the color of a rosy morning at times and ebony as night at others. She’s ready to smile at you from across the bar and might even buy you a drink. But she’s completely unapproachable, She one of those girls that’s so pretty she’s completely intimidating and that’s why she’s always lonely, and up for anything I suppose. I think Friday is Kathleen Turner from Body Heat. But a little hotter.

Plus Friday brings donuts. Well, in my office anyway. Friday donuts in the morning makes Thursday night’s binge drinking all that more tolerable. I had a bagel. Friday is sweet and kind and I can’t wait to wrap my arms around her and hold her all the way till Saturday morning shows up and kicks Friday out of my bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment