Thursday, February 3, 2011

Positivity

I’ve been trying very hard to keep a positive attitude in these writings. I noticed that for a while there I was just mired in the muck and mud of everyday doldrums. But today I feel it’s okay to get a little down and say how much I hate you.

Not “you” specifically, the general you, the royal you, I suppose. I can’t stand you and your whole operation. Whatever you’ve got going on there I find it terribly irritating and I would like you to stop and go somewhere where no one can see or hear you. Like Space. Go to space.

Yes, after the wonderful joy of a lazy snow day and the return of every day-ness I find myself really displeased with most things. Work for one; if I get one more claim where people fell down because of snow or ice I swear I might take a hostage.  If you were too stupid to go outside during a blizzard then you have no right to claim any injury. I really hate you people.

I can’t understand why my ride into work this morning took an hour and ten minutes. I mean, I guess I can understand that everything came to a standstill yesterday because of the snow…… no, wait, I was still able to dig my own car out and take care of a couple of things. Why weren’t snow plows and salt trucks out on the Eden’s? I’m pretty sure it stopped snowing at around noon yesterday so, what’s the deal? Arrrrggggg!

I’m slowly decompressing from the Hulk like rage I feel inside. I think I actually started to turn green there for a few moments. Okay, deep breaths and I need to stop shaking my leg. Relax and take it easy. It’s not all that bad. I suppose it’s good that I am alive and no one is trying to kill me. That I know of.

Okay, I’ll try to put this back on a positive spin. I have to accept the fact that people in general are as dumb as a bag of wet rags and they have no ability to control their thoughts or actions. I have to accept that being lonely is just part of your thirties, unless you’re married and have children (sniff). I have to accept that I made myself a damn fine cup of coffee this morning. Mmm.

I have to accept that things don’t always work out the way we wish and life will go on whether we want it to or not. Another deep breath. Okay, I don’t hate you but I’m highly suspect of what you’ve got going on.  Deeper breath. Okay, let’s do this crap and get it over with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment