Monday, April 4, 2011

#100

This is my 100th blog article and I only thought it appropriate to write about it being the 100th blog. It’s not easy to write something mildly interesting every day, even if it’s just a couple of lines.  I do think it’s kind of a major accomplishment however and feel no qualms about tooting my own horn. I’m a horn tooter.

I was looking through a list of failed TV series and I realized that I’ve written more blogs than some TV shows had episodes. I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison however as we’re operating in somewhat different mediums. Mine is rather self-produced while the TV series had all kinds of people working behind the scenes making that possible. But I think the idea is sound.  I work harder than TV.

What else is there to say about accomplishing 100 of anything? I’m happy to have entertained you for a short amount of time and am appreciative to my friend Lauren who set this whole blog site up for me because I am a primitive stone-ager who had no idea how to set such a technological marvel up. I certainly hope that over these last 100 blogs you’ve been entertained or at least made you pause for a second or say, “Wow, man, I know how that feels”.

I’m happy to do it and it does bring me some great satisfaction to check my stats and see how many people have actually read something I’ve written. It’s quite a thrill to feel that. It’s something Stephen King said that always gets me about writing. He said that writing is a form of telepathy and my thoughts are transferred to your brain via the printed word. So what I thought of felt about something is sent to your brain and for a short time, we’re having the same thought, although not at the same time.  Also, I command you to send me your money. And stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Why are you hitting yourself? Hahahah, the power!

Sorry, I mean I just think it’s pretty super cool to share these things with the reader. It’s quite an amazing thing to imagine that I’m in your head right now. See, I’m waving. “Hello!”

Anyway, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading them as much as I have writing them and I’ll continue to write them as long as I can. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment