Friday, April 29, 2011

I was supposed to write about something…

Someone gave me an idea last night about a topic for today’s piece. Unfortunately I cannot remember what that topic was. I tried very hard to remember it and it was on my mind for most of the evening, but now, poof… gone.

I was busy consuming copious amount of alcohol and spending time with a very sweet and pretty young lady. So you might say I was happily distracted. Say it. SAY IT!   Thank you.

So it’s another Friday, however it is a very special Friday for those that care about antiquated royal tradition. I must say that for being one of the last monarchies in the world they certainly have their stuff together. As we all know, or should know, the royal family in England are merely powerless figureheads who are subject to the same rules and regulations of all Britons.  (Sure. Sure they are) But they really do know how to get married.

Speaking of British royalty, I was doing a little research on the royals and came across a list of Kings and Queens and how they died.  So far my favorite is King George II who reined from 1727 to 1760 his cause of death is listed as Aortic dissection while on the toilet. Just like our own King, Elvis. Then there’s Duncan I 1034-1040 who was killed by his own men after the battle at Pitgaveny. And to close it up, there was Edward the II who ruled from 1307-1327 who allegedly was murdered by, and get this, a metal tube (or rams horn) and a red hot poker being shoved up his anus. Yee-ouch.

There’s a real wonderful history there, I’m sure of it. (I really wonder what I was supposed to write about today) Anyway, I’ll do my bit to participate in this momentous event of royal wedded bliss by hoisting a drink or two to the Prince and his Princess. Then I will promptly say the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and wee on the Union Jack all while juggling America balls and a ride a unicycle that was made in China. God Save the parking space.

I really wonder what I was supposed to write about today. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment