Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Keep off the Grass, or something

Just a bit of advice for the unknowing, don’t go drinking on a Monday night. Well, wait, strike that; don’t go drinking on a Monday night if you have a regular Monday through Friday type job. It’s just a poor choice.

I wrote something a few weeks ago and I think it’s apropos now, “I shouldn’t listen to me because I give myself bad advice”. It’s as if my brain wants to be a jerk and make me feel like a crappy ass.  I think it does. Our brains are always finding ways to try and kill us. Murderous Brains, what a totally awesome band name!

It’s not that I have a hangover or am feeling ill, but I’m tired. Really, really tired and would have loved to stay in bed for hours and hours. I suppose that’s how I normally feel without going out the night before, but there’s intensity to it now; a serious and mean desire to just crawl up into a sleepy ball and quietly waste the day.  How delightful that might be. (Always better with a girl to curl up next to though, but that’s another story)

So I’ll drink my coffee and perhaps skip the Coke in favor of a Gatorade. It’s very important to remain hydrated of course and drag myself through another Tuesday. I know it’s the last Tuesday I’ll have in the suburbs though so I guess I really shouldn’t be too down about it. In fact, it’s bloody awesome.

Maybe I’ll take my shoes off, kick my feet up onto my desk and recline to the extreme. No, I’m just not that guy. I’ll keep working till the bitter end. I’ll get home later tonight and sit on my couch and likely pine for a little female company, watch TV and feel grateful I can go to bed at 10:00 at the point of my most exhausted. (Wow, isn’t my life exciting.) I’d say that I might go out for a drink but let’s be real here, I’ve done enough of that for a while. At least till Friday.

So for now I’ll finish my work and ignore the sleep hovering over my brow. I’ll suck it up and get through the day and complain no more about it.

Also, today marks the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War. In 1861 the Confederacy opened fire on Fort Sumter in South Carolina at 4:30 am. The bloodiest period in American history began claiming an estimated 620,000 lives. So remember, no matter how bad you think your Tuesday is; it could have honestly been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment