Monday, April 18, 2011

Latest blog ever

I hope everybody wasn’t too put off their day by the fact that I didn’t have much of a chance to post anything until now. As the loyal fans know, I started my new position today and was a little too whelmed to get an early morning blog posted as usual. Hopefully that will change as time goes on and I get into a more solid routine.

My only real complaint about today is the time I woke up. I repeated to myself all Sunday night that I had to get up at my first alarm. I had to get out of bed by 6:22 am and get going. Much to my chagrin, I didn’t hear my alarm going off until 7:20. So it had been going off for an hour before I heard it. So I wasn’t able to make the train I really wanted to make. But I was still able to catch the next one without too much hubbub. Other than not know which side I should stand on to get downtown. And then of course realizing I was indeed on the wrong side, walking across the train tracks and climbing through the wire separation fencing. I looked like a boxer stepping into the ring. But yeah, other than that it was smooth sailing.

I also realized that I have to get my city legs back. After six years in the Gulag I discovered how much slower I walk these days. I’ll have to step it up a bit to keep up with the throngs of downtowners. I was sweating and limping by the time I got to the office. Seems my business shoes aren’t all that good for walking long distances, which combined with a broken toe on one side and gout in the other, walking has become quite a challenge.

The job seems like it’ll be pretty manageable. It’s far less of a case load than I had with my previous client and the contacts seem to be pretty easy. I just hope I make a good impression on my co-workers and they like me. Nothing makes a great job bad faster than the cold shoulder from the other employees.

I’m on the seventh floor and I can’t see anything but buildings all around me. It’s a wonderful change from the wide open parking lots of Deerfield. I’m a certified city boy and will always be one.

I hope to have another blog ready to go tomorrow. I’m excited by all the train ride prospects I will have for story material. So many weirdoes besides me on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment