Friday, June 17, 2011

Too much brain for this short page

I’m constantly amazed by the complexities of the human condition. This morning I rode the blue line train downtown and I was really taken aback by the types of people riding with me. Black, white, brown, young, old, smelly, sexy, all different types were sitting or standing together. It was also unusually loud as most of these people were talking to each other at a very intense volume. I was almost annoyed with them all. But I had to tell myself to relax and just enjoy the ride no matter how irritating it was.

I’ve gotten pretty used to my quite life and any time something is loud or frantic I get annoyed. I’ve very much become that old man who comes out onto the porch to yell at the children for laughing. When did I become that guy, instead of someone who laughs at them or even with them?

I’m not always so stodgy though. Usually I can look at the people with a peculiar sense of humor because I realize how seriously they’re taking themselves. And it’s hilarious. I have to remind myself not to take myself so seriously either. (Although I’ve been known to give myself terrible advice)

I know I’ve been complaining lately of being lonely and how my affections seem to go unrewarded (seeing all the beautiful women downtown doesn’t help matters much either. It’s like a drug for me) and I’d like to apologize for that. I haven’t taken any responsibility for my lonely state and have tried to put it in the laps of others to fix and that’s just irresponsible. I know that talented, sexy, smart, classy lassie is out there for me and I have to make a more proactive effort to find her. She’s apparently not going to find me because I’m pretty sure she doesn’t even know she’s looking for me. (But she is)

Friday is normally very relaxed at work and things move at a pretty slow pace. But today has been meeting after meeting after meeting after phone conference after training session. It’s been ridiculous and it makes me want to shoot myself with a vomit gun. Nothing is quite as mundane as hearing the same thing over and over by three of four different people in three of four different ways. I got it. Please just let me do my job.

Weekend, it’s nearly here and I have no idea what I’ll be doing and I like that. I’ll probably try to make it in to The Red Lion as it’s been two weeks since my last visit. Other than that I’ll just be around, looking for some pretty gal to hold my hand for a little while as we ride the train and talk about work.

 As a dear friend says, be good out there people. And I’ll add, For the love of God, be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment