Thursday, July 14, 2011

Do what?

How dare they expect me to neglect my loyal and faithful readers by making me do my actual job? It’s deplorable I tell you, simply deplorable. I must resist them and get back to my passion. A figurative fist shaking in the face of corporate America.

It’s not that the well of words is dry or anything, but I have been struggling for topics of universal interest. All I can say is that I have a long weekend coming up. I decided to actually use some of the vacation time I have accrued and take a long weekend. So I’ll not be writing this blog on Friday or Monday.  

Tonight I plan on heading to my local watering hole and dance on the smiles of my lovely and ever ready bartender. There’s nothing so good in this world as a bartender that sees you coming and has your drink out on the bar before you can even ask for it. Plus she’s sincere and that goes a long way with me for bartenders.

Over the weekend I will be attending my younger cousin’s bachelor party. I think I may be nearly the oldest guy there. It’ll be a tame affair and that’s okay with me. I’m pretty bored with the whole stripper thing anyway. It’s certainly a trend that seems to be fading away. Plus it’s so damn expensive. The last one I went to, my friends and I spent nearly three hundred dollars on watching a very athletic girl writhe around. Mind you she was very attractive, but it just wasn’t worth it.

Hopefully, I’ll find other ways to keep myself occupied this long weekend. I am considering doing some car shopping as my old and trusty Saturn is a remnant of a previous century. I bought her in 1998, way back in the 20th century. It might be time to upgrade, as long as the payments are low. I’m certainly not made of money.

And here comes my boss to talk to me about some innocuous detail. So I must end here. See you at the bar later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment