Monday, August 29, 2011

Stop it. Serious, stop it.

Chicago, you are not a pimp and I am not your whore. I am tired of the constant shake downs. Parking tickets, red light tickets, and now an abandoned vehicle tow notice. Apparently in the City of Chicago, you have to move your car every seven days if you live on a residential block. Never mind that you try to park your car in the same spot as often as possible. If a Streets and Sanitation “inspector” feels you car hasn’t moved enough they can have it towed, at the owner’s expense.

I am furious with this city. Thank goodness I looked out my window early this morning and saw the numbers written in soap on my driver’s side window and the big white pain in the ass sticker slapped to the glass. So I was able to go out and move my car to another spot, far away from the original one. But that might be meaningless.

I called the Streets and Sanitation department to complain. I had just moved my car yesterday. I got nowhere as expected. She explained to me that there is a City Ordinance that requires all vehicles to be moved within a seven day period. I said that didn’t make sense. How in the world could an “inspector”, know how often a car had been moved in any given seven day period? I might move my car every day but just happen to get the same parking space in front of where I live. And I can be towed for that. She said the “inspectors”, cruise EVERY street EVERY SINGLE DAY and know if a vehicle moved or not. I asked her what if none of the cars on the block moved, what if every single person on that block just happened to get the same parking space all week. She said again that cars have to move up or down the block every seven days. I was livid. I told her that was a shameless waste of city funds and it was pitiful. I thanked her for her help and concluded the call, feeling more angry and incensed than before.

I’m still livid. This city has been raping my wallet and telling me its ice cream for far too long. They might as well push me up against a pin-ball machine and tell me I was asking for it. I usually love my hometown, but today I would rather it just sat in the other room and go fuck itself.

Oh and it’s good to be back after that short break. Maybe tomorrow I’ll take over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment