Thursday, September 1, 2011

I didn’t even notice, my son…

Yesterday I completely forgot to write a blog. This is the first time I just plum forgot to do it. Mind you I was very busy at work and I barely had time to screw around on Facebook even. So I hope those that were anxiously awaiting that Wednesday blog aren’t too disappointed. We’ll see if we can’t fix that now.

At some point this morning I had a dream about my son. I’ve never had a dream about any of my prospective children; ever. It was just one of the things that I don’t seem to dream about; until sometime this morning that is. It was more than just a dream about my son but it was about my whole family, my dream immediate family. I had a wife and a son and both didn’t seem to like me very much.

I could see why of course, my wife was my ex-girlfriend who has a searing and bubbling distaste for me most of the time and the child, who was probably two to three years old in the dream could already talk, just like his mother and he had no problem expressing his feeling that I was, “creeping him out”. Who says that to their Father? Besides Jesus of course and we all know how that story ended.

The child was just adorable though. He was blonde like his mother with bright blue/hazel eyes. He was chubby and happy and I could feel how much I loved him. His mother was with us in the dream and she looked like she had just given birth to him, a little tired but lovely as ever. The whole dream seemed to take place in someone’s apartment while a party was going on. I remember the dream being rather sepia toned. It had a faded photograph picture quality at some points and then other times it seemed vibrantly colored.   I wasn’t scared. I wasn’t sad. I wasn’t upset. I was just there doing the things a dad does.

My boy was barefoot and we were comparing foot size. I was pushing back against his little feet with my big feet and he was laughing and giggling like it was the most fun he’d ever had. I felt like it was the most fun I ever had. I’d look back at my wife and she’d smile at us, looking tired. That was the part that unnerved me most was how tired she looked. I don’t think anything was wrong though; being a mom is tough work. But I didn’t get to find out really because my alarms went off and I was forced into the real world where I’m single and have no wife or child.

In the real world I’m a blogger and work in a cube handling insurance claims. I have a beat up old car that’s a head ache and so many money and emotional issues I can’t decide which is more profitable to explore resolving. But for a few dream minutes I was a dad and a husband and that seemed all right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment