Monday, September 19, 2011

New car, new teeth, new thoughts

This weekend I entered the 21st Century with the purchase of a used 2008 Jeep Compass. Mind you it still is filled with 20th century technology like manual locks and windows, but it does have a CD player. Although I’m not sure how to fit a record in there and how do you change the needle in there? I’ll have to look in the manual I guess. Oh right! It didn’t come with the manual. I guess I am the only one that kept the original owner’s manual with my car.

I will say that I will honestly miss my old 1999 Saturn SL2. We had a lot of adventures together. She took excellent care of me and even though I treated her bad at times she never let me down. Except for the times she completely let me down. But I couldn’t really blame her. It was usually my fault for the abuses she suffered. I wonder if she cries at night in the use car lot. I drove by it this morning and I tried not to look for her. I didn’t want her to think I was searching for her. God, breaking up is hard.

It’s hard to get used to a new car and I hope we also have all kinds of wonderful adventures together. I’m still in the super nervous behind the wheel stage of my new car and I’ll probably be pretty timid with her for a while. It is nice not to have to wonder what that rattling noise is or be embarrassed to drive down the street with the muffler belching and coughing.

As I also love my dentist, I have been assured I only have one more visit left to correct my entire horrible tooth related ills. I was there this morning for more work and it’s really annoying.  A few more fillings and I can finally just go for the regular six month check-ups. And this time, I mean it. This whole dental nightmare has really taught me the value of taking care of one’s teeth and I highly recommend it. Not that I didn’t take care of mine, I’m cursed with bad teeth due to genetics, but it is important to do all that really cool dental stuff.

So, I’ve got a new car, new teeth and a new week; let’s try and remain optimistic. This week is all about buckling down and getting a lot of work done. Then there are the domestics I have to take care of, like grocery shopping and paying some other bills and such. I’ll probably have to do some laundry as well. So I’ll try to come up with something far more interesting to write about as the week goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment