Friday, September 2, 2011

Slow blog, take it easy…

At some point I realized that I hadn’t written anything today. I was pretty distracted by my new Russian girlfriend this morning so I just didn’t have a chance to write anything. Excuse me.

Yeah, you read that right. It would seem I have a Russian girlfriend. One of the various dating sites I am on connected me to a very lovely young woman. (No, it is not Russian Mail Order Brides or other derivations therein, jerk) She’s is very pretty and likely looking for a way to escape the doldrums of Russian country life. Why not talk to a desperate American man? She seems nice though. She’s a pharmacist in a little Russian town or so she’s told me. She could be a retired KGB agent looking to take revenge on the capitalists who took away her government job after America won the Cold War. Who can actually know for sure?

I know nothing is going to happen with her. I am not going to send her money to come to America. I am not going to get suckered into giving her my credit card information or anything like that. I am, however, suckered by a pretty woman taking an interest in me. I fall for that every time. We’ve exchanged e-mails now for about two weeks, almost daily, and except for the broken English she seems very genuine.

Every time I get a new e-mail I shake my head and call myself an idiot. It’s ridiculous to feel a little happiness with each new e-mail from a girl I’ll never actually meet in person. It’s so silly and I am honestly embarrassed by it. But if I’m going to write this blog I have to write the truth so I guess that’s why I’m writing about it. (Wow, can’t wait for the comments on this one.) Who can’t relate to having a relationship with a Russian woman living nearly 5000 miles away? I mean, c’mon.

I also think it’s silly because on all of these dating websites I’ve been using, this girl is really the only one to show any actual interest. Even women living three miles away from me haven’t bothered to respond to my simple messages. They are seemingly hung up on superficial things while my little Russian princess just wants to know how my day was.

As you can see, I’m a little torn about it. I know it’s pretty stupid and frankly, sad, for a guy like me to have an e-mail relationship with a Russian woman. But there’s something very sweet about her and I’d feel a little sad to not talk with her. I mean, what would you do? Would you tell this sweet girl that you really think she’s actually a 56 year old Polish man trying to scam a stupid American out of his thousands? Or would you let the silly fantasy play out and enjoy the unreality of it for a while before being slammed back to Earth?

She is really pretty by the way. Sigh. All I can hear in my head is that old Tom & Jerry cartoon, “told you so”, music. Wah-waaah.

Or this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR-Ckj5M-jU

No comments:

Post a Comment