Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One year and counting

Today marks the one year anniversary of A Minute with Michael. This post will be the 240th I’ve written. I am amazed a year has gone by since I started doing this. I must again thank Lauren Burke for setting the whole thing up for me since I am a technological misfit of the highest caliber. I owe her a debt.

The articles and blogs have been pretty wide and varied in topic and scope, from short fiction to my regular complaining about the woes of a regular working stiff, it’s been a sincere pleasure to write them. I hope you as the readers have enjoyed them just as much, or if you’re a wealthy investor, even more.

I still hope to turn this daily minute into something a little more substantial and would still prefer to be paid for it. There’s no shame in wanting to be paid for what one is good at doing. Even Leonardo was taken care of while he fiddled with Alchemy and bronze horses. Of course I’m not comparing myself to Leonardo Di Vinci. That man was a genius. But I do feel that mystical connection of the arts.

Everywhere I look I see a story, this morning on my street they were installing new street lamps and I had a story about either the guys working on the lamps or the lamp itself. I noticed people walking into work downtown with either their heads held up or looking down as they were walking along. I felt there was probably a story there too.  

So I think I’ll have plenty of new things to write about as this blog heads into its second year and I hope to continue to find an audience as receptive and generous as you. I thank all of you for reading this and I encourage you to tell your friends or family members in the publishing industry about this awesome and modest Chicago writer, and how they should probably check him out. (cough).

I look forward to this new year, as a psychic told my mother a few weeks ago, things are looking pretty good for me. All I need to do is become a successfully published author, meet Mrs. Minute with Michael, and settle into a rewarding career and life for which I won’t feel any embarrassment when my grandkids ask me about what I do.  

In the meantime however I’m sure I’ll continue in my attempts to entertain, provoke thought and generally make a nuisance of myself. Here’s to the next year….  (clink, clink) Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment