Friday, November 2, 2012

Same Old, Same Old.....

"What the Ra is wrong with kids today", shouted Pharaoh.
"What's that my most honorable husband God-King", asked Pharaoh's wife.
"These kids, running all over Thebes in those new center axle chariots, scaring the brick makers half to the afterlife", said Pharaoh.

Pharaoh's wife, Shisi, nodded and returned her attention to her papyrus fashion magazine.

"See, you're 18 years old now and all you care about is those silly fashion pictographs, next thing you know you'll be 20 and those fashions will have passed you by", said Pharaoh.

Shisi rolled the papyrus up and looked at the Pharaoh. He was standing on the balcony, twirling his curved Ankh on his finger and biting his lower lip.

"Okay my Pharaoh, what's really bothering you", asked Shisi.
"Oh, no, just go back to your fashions", muttered Pharaoh.

Shisi sighed and stood from her golden throne and moved towards Pharaoh and put her hands around his waist. His tanned skin smelled of sweet oils and the morning's religious incense. She gently kissed the back of his neck.

"My darling, please, tell me what is troubling you, really", she cooed in his ear.

Pharaoh's posture relaxed as he felt his wife's hands around his midsection. He felt a warmth for her and decided he wasn't going to send her to the salt mines today after all.

"Wife, I have been troubled by my age", said Pharaoh.
"You are as constant as Osiris my husband", said Shisi.
"I know. I mean. I'm aware of my almighty power, but when I woke up this morning I felt something. My back hurt in a way I had never experienced. The healers said it was just soreness from archery, but I've never been sore a day in my life", said Pharaoh.

Shisi stepped in front of Pharaoh and looked up into his proud face. He looked down at her and she could see he had a small smile tickling the corner of his mouth.

"My Pharaoh, you are magnificence incarnate. You have pleased me many times with your virility and we've produced many strong children. You have vanquished your enemies and have protected the people. You are not old", said Shisi.
"You're just saying that because you're afraid I'll banish you to the salt mines", said Pharaoh.
"I mean it my Pharaoh. You are the very pictograph of youth", smiled Shisi.

Pharaoh considered his wife for a moment. She was lovely. He was glad he picked her for first wife.

"So you really think I'm well", Pharaoh asked.
"I do my Pharaoh. You are my everything", said Shisi.

Pharaoh bent down and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek.

"Return to your fashions, perhaps later I will have the royal tailors make you something from that scroll", said Pharaoh.
"No need my Pharaoh, I have you to clothe me in love", said Shisi.

Pharaoh chuckled.

"You're crazy you know that", said Pharaoh.
"I know you are, but what am I", said Shisi.

Pharaoh laughed again and led her back into the throne chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment