Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It’s Been Tough


“She’s amazingly graceful”, sighed Ralph as he watched the young bartender whip up a few shaken martini’s.
“Yeah. She’s something alright”, said Cubby.

The two old men watched with jealous glee at the young and firm body of this new lady bartender who had invaded their normally dank and quiet bar.

“She’s quite young”, said Ralph.
“Yes. She sure is”, said Cubby.
“How do you suppose she’s keeping that little top on”, asked Ralph.
“I wish I knew”, said Cubby.
“Tape?”

Cubby shrugged and took a sip of his beer. He still liked to get his bottle of beer with a glass and sip it slowly over the course of the evening. It was a habit he’d held onto for as long as he was allowed into bars.

“I mean, look at her. Do you remember women ever looking like that”, asked Ralph.

Cubby looked down the bar at Brandy and gave her a quick ogle. She was wearing a very low cut black and white striped top, off the shoulder, showing a ton of cleavage, which she had the right amount of. She was wearing a pair of tight black pants. Cubby thought they were called Yoga pants and you could clearly see every curve of her well maintained and crafted young body.

“No. I don’t ever remember women looking like that. Maybe in the movies but not in real life and certainly not here in the bar”, said Cubby.

Ralph kept staring at Brandy as she placed some dirty glasses in the dishwasher and flicked her long dark hair over her shoulder.

“I think I’ll marry that girl”, said Ralph.

Cubby chuckled and pat Ralph on the back, “I’m sure you will Ralph”.

“No, I’m serious. I’m going to quit drinking, get in better shape and ask her to marry me. I’ve got nothing but money and time to spend on her. What young woman wouldn’t like to be taken care of and bought lavish gifts”, said Ralph.
“I don’t think you are her type”, said Cubby.

Ralph studied Brandy for another few moments as a rap song came on the juke box. Brandy was flirting with some college age looking boys and laughing, flashing a beautiful smile. Ralph put his head down and felt his eyes tearing.

“I miss Margaret”, said Ralph.
“I know you do buddy, I know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment