Friday, February 8, 2013

Sweater Sweats


There’s a hole in my
favorite sweater
and it’s
really
really
really
bothering me.

It’s a small hole
on the sleeve
near my wrist
and I can see it
when I look down
and it makes me
sad.

I’m not sure how
to mend a very small
hole in my
favorite sweater.
I can sew it I
suppose, but that
might look odd.
A stitch or two for
a tiny hole that
no one else noticed
but me I’m sure.

This sweater and I
have had so many
adventures together
and I’m amazed it has
held together this long.
I wonder where it’ll
be in ten years.

Will it still be on my
back? Will it be on
my future, currently imaginary,
girlfriend’s hope chest?
Do girls still have hope
chests?

Will this sweater follow
me to the grave? Will
my casket be warm?
Will I die stupidly?
Sweaterless?

Will it come quickly?
Will it be slow?
Will I know?

Maybe I’ll just
fix the hole in my
sweater for now
and take the rest
as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment