Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nowhere Near Stars

On the road toward and
back from Dallas,
the sky was cloudy,
and gray.

I was looking forward to
seeing the vast night sky
spilling out in front of me,
but I never saw it.

I stood outside on
a chilly spring night,
sniffing the sick
wet air, looking up,
waiting for the clouds
to clear.

A think pall of clouds
slowly trolled over the
land. Starlight was lacking.

Those jeweled holes in the
night sky are lost to me.
I don’t remember the last time
I saw them, or at least more than
seven.

City living blocks the light
of time. The past, shining bright,
is missed. Much like my own.

Pequeñas Estrellas, so far,
so close. Out of sight, out of
reach.

We never get old,
we just gain perspective.
The lights are there,
we just don’t see them.

We miss it, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment