Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Number One Thousand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here it is guys.
The big one.
It’s Number 1,000!

That’s right.
I’ve written a thousand blogs.

One Thousand.
That’s pretty amazing if you ask me.
Who knew that today
would be the day that I enter
the annals of blog history.

Are there annals of blog history?
Is that a thing?
No?
I’m being told that’s not a thing.
But still, like, a thousand is still
pretty neat.

I wish I had gotten myself, like,
a balloon to drop or a little
confetti launcher or something.
Seems sort of anti-climactic
now that I’m here.

I was looking forward to 1,000 a lot
so I’m feeling a little let down.
Not even a sad trombone solo
to mark the occasion.

Well, that’s the writers life I suppose.
It is a mostly solitary pursuit punctuated (writer’s pun)
with moments of genuine appreciation from
people who are brave and bold enough to tell
me that, “Hey, I liked your poem”, or that they
liked my short story.  Or that they didn’t like it.

So I guess there isn’t much fanfare, pomp and
circumstance. There’s no red jacketed band in
the gazebo ready to strike up a tune as I walk by,
and that’s okay.  I can be happy knowing that I have
endless stories to tell
and relentlessly shove into
your word holes.

Thanks to my loyal
readers and followers.
I sincerely appreciate your
support and encouragement.

So here’s to 1,000 posts
and here’s to 1,000 more.
(Dear God no). 

No comments:

Post a Comment