Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday Wants to Rock Your Face Off


“What are you working on,” asked Monday.
“Hm, oh, nothing really,” I replied.
“Looks important,” said Monday.
“It isn’t really, just some musings,” I said.
“Oh, well then, muse on,” said Monday.
“Thanks. I will,” I said.

“Do you mind if I set up some speakers,” asked Monday.
“Speakers,” I asked.
“Yeah, just a little background music,” said Monday.
“I guess. Sure. Okay,” I said.
“Thanks. As long as you’re okay with it,” said Monday.
“Sure,” I said.

Monday shuffled about, running cords all
around my feet, desk, chair, up the walls,
over the door, out a window, back in through
another window, up across the ceiling and
back down to the floor.
“Sure this isn’t a bother,” asked Monday.

“No, it’s fine. Do what you have to do,” I said.
“Okay. Thanks,” said Monday.
Monday wheeled in two giant speakers built
for Led Zeppelin 1974.
“Whoa,” I said.
“What,” asked Monday.

“I mean, those are pretty big,” I said.
“You said it was okay,” said Monday.
“I mean, I know I did, but…,” I said, motioning
to the size of the speakers Monday was
pushing toward the windows.
“What? You said I could and it wouldn’t bother you,” said Monday.

“I thought they’d be, you know, like, normal,” I said.
“These are normal,” said Monday.
I shook my head slowly and looked in Monday’s face.
“I don’t think these are, appropriate,” I said.
“Well, I mean, you said I could so…,” said Monday.
“Fine Monday, fine,” I said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment