Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer Solstice


“Hey Summer, where ya been?”
“South America mostly, Australia too,” said Summer.
“Oh, I thought you were, you know, like on vacation or something.”
“I don’t get a vacation. I am the vacation,” said Summer.
“Right, I mean, of course you are. How dumb of me.”
“Damn right it’s dumb of you,” said Summer as she gently nudged me in the ribs.

“So… any big plans now that you’re here?”
“Not really. I’ll just do the same things I normally do, maybe with some humidity, maybe not, maybe I’ll be dry. I don’t know. The possibilities are sort of endless really,” said Summer.
“Yeah, that’s cool. Really Cool.”
“How about you? Any plans,” asked Summer.
“I don’t know. I mean, I really don’t take any vacation so…,” I shrugged.

“So, it’s sort of my day so I better get going. Lots to do,” said Summer.
“Of course, right. I didn’t mean to hold you up. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that you looked nice is all.”
“You think I look nice? I don’t know. My hair is crazy frizzy and I haven’t really got a good tan and… well, it’s nice of you to say so,” said Summer.
“My pleasure. Really, and your hair looks great, honest.”
“Okay, well, I really should get going,” said Summer.

“Um, Summer? Do you maybe want to have dinner sometime with me?”
“Aw, you’re sweet. But I just don’t think I’ll have the time. But I really appreciate the offer,” said Summer.
“Okay. I get it. Thanks for at least considering it.”
“C’mon, don’t be like that. You know we’re just friends and that’s all,” said Summer.
“I know. I mean, I just thought, well… it might just be you know, the start of something.”
“It’s not that I don’t, you know, care about you, it’s just not in that way, plus, I mean, you’re just so pale. I mean, how would that even look,” asked Summer.

“No. I get it. I do really. It’s cool. So I’ll see you later then?”
“Of course you will,” said Summer.
“Okay. Cool. Or Hot! That’s Hot, I mean.”
“You’re so silly,” said Summer.

She tussled the hair on my head and stood up from our small table. She started West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment