Friday, September 22, 2017

Metaphor Road


How about we go down that
road; the one that twists and
turns, dips and dives, crests and
drops.

The road near the precipice,
the ledge over the canyon,
the road by the abyss,
the one we never take.

“Shit, I take that road all the time,”
she said. She spit onto the hot
sidewalk and shooed a fly from
her forehead.

“I’m dangerous,” she said. She
tightened the hair bun on her head,
flexing her arms ever so slightly as she did.
“I’m a risk taker,” she said.

“I go off road all the time, dirt bikes,
ATV’s, hiking, paramilitary combat training,
zip-lining and rock climbing. I’m not scared,”
she said.

She had sun ravaged creases on her face,
heavily tanned from her rebellious adventures.
She had a Japanese letter tattooed on her neck,
“It means dragon,” she said.

That road I was referring to, it’s more
metaphorical than literal I explained.
I said it was about love and the perilous
journey it can be.

She spit again, onto the sizzling pavement,
“I don’t do metaphors,” she said.
She put on her leather vest and strolled to her
motorcycle. She started it and rode into the sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment