Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Rummaging

I brought this trunk
with stuff to unpack.
There’s a bunch of things
in here that I need to
unload.

I’m just going to open this
large steamer trunk, right here
on your living room floor,
if you don’t mind. Of course
you don’t mind.

Let’s see; here’s my old
broken heart, a cracked
mirror, a tube a glue, that
hat I thought I lost the day
she left me.

Oooh; here’s that loyalty
card from the sub shop that closed,
I was one hole punch away from
that free sandwich. Here’s the
love tester, still broken I see.

Here’s an old tee-shirt from that
short lived garage band, “The Megladons”.
Here’s my ray gun, random mismatched
batteries, a magnifying glass, a Kit
Carson comic book.

A cheese grater, used effectively on that
old broken heart, her hair clip, a high school
love note, a doodle of a man weeping on a
park bench, study notes for The Old Man and
the Sea.

I think this is all worth something right?
I can put it on the table in your garage,
put price tags on it all? I think it’ll only add
to the glamour of your rummage sale, for sure.
It’s the stuff of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment