Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmalcoholic


God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.
Let’s put those snowballs back
in the freezer shall we.
No one wants to see them right
now.

It’s Christmas time and that means
we need to keep an eye on Santa to
make sure he doesn’t act inappropriately
while asking children to sit on his lap.
This is a horrifying concept to me.

Santa Claus, the iconic symbol of
Coca-Cola, can’t even be trusted.
I am just super glad he isn’t real,
imagine the sexual assault/harassment
accusations against Mr. Kringle?

Groping Claus isn’t probably invited
to your holiday party, or if he is, he’s
not allowed to have any eggnog or any
of the Rum cakes.

In fact, I don’t think any variation of
Old St. Nick should be allowed anywhere
near alcohol. Plus, I’ve never understood
the whole if you’re a good kid, this old
man will bring you presents while you sleep.

What’s wrong with us and our mythology?
That’s just damn creepy right?
Old man sneaks into your house and leaves
gifts because he’s been watching you to see
if you’re naughty or nice. Gah!

Maybe this whole war on Christmas is
right. Maybe the symbols of this season
should be less about pleasing an old white
man and more about being good to each other?

I don’t know, I’ve had too much eggnog and
there are elves coming on to me. They want it.
Look at how they’re dressed. All tiny clothes,
and you know, curled up shoes, striped stockings,
yeah.   They want what this Santa’s got.

Ho-Ho- damnit I spilled my eggnog all
down my Santa suit.

God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen,
Shhhh, shut up, shhh……

   

No comments:

Post a Comment