Friday, January 26, 2018

Music Interrupted Me


Hey, remember me?
The one with all the wordy words,
that fella, the self proclaimed poet,
who had the audacity to remind you
of your humanity.

Well here I am.
I know I’ve been away.
I’m sorry it’s been so long.
But the wordy word business
is tough and sometimes silence
is all there is.

So now I’m back, to let you know,
I can really shake ‘em down.
Do you love me?
(Do you love me?)
Now that I, can dance?
Watch me now…

Work
work…

Oh, sorry. I might be a little
distracted.
A little busy with life and its
incessant need to be cultivated,
trimmed, re-potted, and otherwise
watered.

So I hope I can get back to the
wordy word business in earnest,
when time stops insisting I do other
things, like make money to live and
such. Bah!

In the meantime, don’t you forget
about me, no, no, no, no…
As you walk on by…


La, la, la, la, ah, la-la-la, lah-la, la…

No comments:

Post a Comment