Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Denials of Icarus



I was not flying too close
to the sun.
It was a manufacturing defect.
I wasn’t there.
I didn’t even know Daedalus.
My father was on Crete at the
time of the alleged incident.

I did not crash into the Icarian Sea.
It’s only coincidence that it has the
same name as me.
Totally a coincidence.
Those aren’t feathers stuck to
my back, it’s ornamental decoration.
I did not provide kickbacks to Big Feather.

I only go out at night.
I don’t even like to travel.
I have never been to Greece.
I don’t even have a Greek name.
I’m pretty sure I would have noticed
my own plummeting from the sky.
I don’t know anything about aerodynamics.

Okay, maybe my father, Daedalus, did “invent”
some wings, but he can’t be held responsible
for poor overseas manufacturing failures.
He’s an inventor, and he creates jobs for
the Grecian people. But, I’ve never used
his wings for anything, that I know of.
I’ve no further comment on our relationship.

If anything, this scandal has been manufactured
by the liberals on Crete in an effort to
malign our good family name. Fake Crete News.
We’re putting Greece first and they can’t stand
how super awesome we are. But I do want to warn
them that any incursion into our airspace will be
sternly criticized.

Okay, I have a flight to catch.
This press conference is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment