Friday, July 20, 2018

A Rambling Rush



Let me get it out,
the rambling rush of
scrambled, spangled,
words bludgeoning my
brain.

Thoughts like sunshine,
spilling over the whole landscape,
beaming though every nook and
space in bright rays, constant but
scattered, diffused.

Love, sex, longing, smoking,
drinking, partying, sitting,
sleeping, working, stressing,
jumping for joy, wallowing
with blues.

A ping-pong match of thoughts,
emotions, thoughts, emotions,
thoughts, emotions, thoughts,
emotions, missed, bouncing on
the floor. Match point.

Give me more, I want less,
Give me less, I want more,
tempt me, accept me, want me,
choose me, suffer me and
break and be healed.

Insufferable tangles of
inconsistency, the mind,
balanced between need, want,
desire, rationality and the
ambiguous present.

Words at the gate, words on
the ramparts, arrows slicing through
the air between the advancing thoughts
and the entrenched beliefs.
A rambling rush, crowding the landscape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment