Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Complainies



I’m being poked by an
irritant of some kind.
It’s persistent and
gnawing. It’s making me
irritable and annoyed.

It’s the Complainies!
Ah, yes. The Complainies.
I get the Complainies every so
often. Usually when I feel like
nothing is going my way.

Even when things are going
my way, I can still sometimes
get the Complainies. Actually,
the Complainies can be rather
unpredictable.

They can sneak up on me,
“Jeeze, look at that idiot drive,” I say.
Or, “I’m so tired of online dating.”
“Why is this taking so long,” or,
“Everyone here is dumb but me.”

I don’t really mean any of it.
(Except the online dating thing;
that’s just batshit nonsense and I
hate everything about it.)
I’ve just got the Complainies.

The Complainies make me hate
things, hate you, hate me, hate them,
hate those that tell me not to hate,
hate the haters, and generally hate the
whole damn stupid world’s face.

But I don’t. I don’t really hate it.
I recognize that the world isn’t
a perfect place and it’s unreasonable
to expect it to be so. I know that it’ll
all be okay with a little perseverance.

In the meantime though,
I’ll complain, moan, be disgruntled,
annoyed and be generally sarcastic,
until I’ve gotten all the
Complainies out of my system.

Please bear with this slight bout
of the Complainies, it’ll pass
soon enough and I’ll be back to
my slightly miserable and mildly
optimistic lovable self.



No comments:

Post a Comment