Friday, June 5, 2020

I Don't Know



How I know that I don’t
know?

I don’t know.

But not knowing isn’t the
end.

It’s a beginning.

Knowing only comes after
admitting not knowing.

Once I think I know, I can
then confirm that I might
not know after all,
which would require
more admissions of a
lapse or lack in knowledge.

To which I can gain more
knowledge, thus again leading
me to the conclusion that I know,
that I just don’t know.

It’s okay not to know,
it is not okay to leave it
at that.

Knowing may require digging into
the depths of empathy previously
unexplored, or taking time to
listen, to hear, to read, to study.

Then I can say, proudly and most
assuredly, “Now I’m sure, that
I don’t know.”

And maybe knowing may never come,
maybe my life experiences will never
lead me to complete knowing, but I
won’t stop my desire to want to know.

That’s how I know that  I don’t know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment