Thursday, November 12, 2020

Sleepy Fingers

 


“What are you going to write

about,” she asked.

“I honestly don’t know,” I said,

“My fingers are a bit sleepy.”

 

“Sleepy fingers. Now that’s something,”

she said.

“Meh,” I said, “Sounds like a rejected

1970’s rock band name.”

 

“Ha, yeah. Sleepy Fingers; I’m sorry,

but I just don’t think your song,

Wake Up With Me In You, is going to

make the charts,” she said in her best Record Agent voice.

“Aw, really mate, that song is the

essence of our whole band, mate,” I added in a mockingly British accent.

 

“Are they a British band,” she asked.

“Of course they are,” I said.

“Not an American band,” she said.

“Yeah, definitely not an American Band,” I said.

“I’m sure they were just ahead of their time,” she said.

 

“For sure, Sleepy Fingers was all about that new

sound. Legends in their own minds,” I said.

“Makes me wish for a Behind the Music episode for

bands that never existed,” she said.

 

“I’ve never heard a steel drum used in quite

that way. Ingenious,” I said.

“And the kazoo choir, brilliant,” she said.

“Don’t forget the 25 minutes of bacon frying,” I said.

“Wasn’t that the album name, Sleepy Fingers – Bacon Frying,” she asked.

 

“I believe it was actually titled Bacon Fat Frying,” I said.

“Ah, that’s right,” she said, “Just a musical marvel,” she said.

We smiled at each other.

Loving the magic of nonsense between lovers.

 

“So, you’re writing about this,” she asked.

“Already done,” I said.

A kiss.

A smile.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment