Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hearts and Minds

 “I really like the color blue,” said Heart.
“Why”, asked Mind.
“I don’t know. I just do,” said Heart.
“Well, you have to have a reason,” said Mind.
“Nah, I just like it. It makes me beat faster,” said Heart.

“I know that I exist because I think,” said Mind.
“So,” said Heart.
“Well, that’s the essence of being,” said Mind.
“If you say so,” said Heart.
“I’m serious. I know that I’m real because I’m able to state it,” said Mind.
“I believe you,” said Heart.

“I like lasagna, but I shouldn’t let stomach have it,” said Heart.
“Why,” asked Mind.
“I don’t know, it’s just good. But it makes thighs fat, and they get mad at me,” said Heart.
“Why do you care,” asked Mind.
“Because I don’t like to upset the other parts of us,” said Heart.
“I’m not upset when you eat lasagna,” said Mind, “I hardly think about it, or the thighs.”

“I like the way I skip a beat when eyes see her,” said Heart.
“I like the way she makes me think new things,” said Mind.
“I like how she wants to make sure I’m doing okay,” said Heart.
“I like that too,” said Mind.
“See, we’re not so different,” said Heart.

Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub.
Hummmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment