Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Another Turn in the Ring

 


Another tussle with

the words I want to

use to convey my thoughts

onto this wretched blank

page; this canvas of

pugilistic wordplay.  

 

Do I say fear?

Or Terror?

Do I devote myself to complete honesty here?

Or do I withhold some shred of truth?

Do I say I am sad?

Or Disappointed?

 

It’s a bare-knuckle brawl

on the tarps,

blood spraying from busted

lips and open cuts around the eyes,

as the crowd yawns.

 

A Left,

No! A Right!

Another Right!

A Left hand lead!

But the shadow on the wall,

still steady on its feet.

My feet?

 

Provocative or alluring?

Sexy or erotic?

Complacent or resigned?

Domestic or Imported?

Reeling around the ring,

in pointless pitched punches.

 

I want to express how

worried I am, with…things…

the world…

the politics…

but the boxer in me,

just wants to brawl endlessly

with the right words.

 

Because I don’t know

what to say,

and I don’t know how

to say it.

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment