Thursday, June 27, 2024

The Heartbeat of a Nation


 

This page was blank

for a long time,

staring back at me with

the same anxiety

I stared at it with.

Blank Anxiety.

 

A dreadful anxiety,

gnawing at the corners

of my well-being,

trepidation and

tepidness,

of anticipation.

 

I know why of course.

It’s not a mystery,

where this concern

dwells; it’s in Atlanta,

on a Newsroom

TV stage.

 

The culmination of

years of dialogue;

speeches, monologues,

summations, defenses,

accusations, comments,

off-the-cuff witticisms.

 

All on display in

blaring anxious colors,

flickering on TV’s,

as I nail-bite and pace,

with each debatable

disappointment.

 

The animal of politics

is vicious and ferocious,

blood thirsty and venomous,

but enjoys being pet and

cuddled, told it’s “Good”,

while people go hungry and wars wage.

 

This page was blank for

a long while, as I sorted my

anxieties, so I understand,

why the page might be looking

back at me, with anxiety.  

Suspicion, even.

No comments:

Post a Comment