Friday, July 29, 2011

Stuffy

It’s stuffy in my office. It’s pretty muggy outside. The two things make for a rather uncomfortable afternoon. I’ll tolerate it though, because tolerance is the cool thing to do. All the celebrities are into tolerance so I guess I should be too.

I have no desire to work today. I’m kind of in a mild hang over fog and work is very uninteresting. But it’s somewhere to be other than my apartment so I guess I’ll just make the best of it.

My mind is wandering quite a bit today. I’m not very focused on any particular thing. (Hence the meandering narrative of this little piece.)  I’m looking forward to getting a mini-vacation this weekend as I will be going to Indiana and have some relaxing summer fun. It feels like it’s been forever since I had some real summer relaxation.

The only thing that would make it better would be to have a pretty gal at my side. Now that would make it a super relaxed weekend.  I suppose it’d also be nice to have a rocket powered monkey driven super hovercraft to blast across the water with. I’m not sure how relaxing that would be. I’m pretty sure monkeys, even highly trained ones, would make terrible hovercraft drivers. The hovercraft would probably never get off the beach and wind up covered in monkey scat.

I wonder what the hell I’m talking about.

I rode the Blue line into work this morning and I realized how much I hate those uncomfortable CTA seats. They seem to suck all the energy out of you. Plus I get this weird, “Everyone’s judging me”, feeling while I am sitting there. I’m not worried about their judging eyes; I’m sure they don’t give an honest crap about me. I just wish it didn’t feel so creepy. It almost as if everyone riding the train is pensively waiting for something terrible to happen. As if riding the train is a near death experience. When those doors open and you get out at your station, it’s such a relief.

Seriously, what the hell am I babbling about? I think I’ll stop here today. This isn’t the wonderful montage of thought I hoped it would be. My brain is like a carnival train wreck this afternoon. (insert off key calliope music)

No comments:

Post a Comment