Wednesday, March 11, 2020

They Said




Rushing in, out of breath;
“Sorry…sorry, (gasp), I know
it’s been a while… (gasp),
ugh… sorry… What have I missed,” I asked.

“Nothing,” they said.

“Nothing? I mean, I haven’t written
anything in like, weeks and you’re telling
me nothing has happened in that time,” I asked.

“Yeah. I mean, a virus is like, killing everyone,
and there’s like President stuff happening,
but yeah… nothing really,” they said.

“I guess that’s good. I suppose,” I said.  

“Yeah,” they said.

“So I sort of ran in here, like I was
late for my own funeral so I just thought
that, you know, I might have been missed or
was missing something is all. I guess,” I said.

“Yeah. No. We’re cool,” they said.

“Cool. Cooool…,” I said.
Raps fingers on edge of desk.
“So, anything I can do,” I asked.

“I dunno. You have any poetry or
stories to write,” they asked.

“I don’t know,” I said, “It’s been a
little bit, but I’m sure I can come up
with something interesting or profound.
Something whimsical or thoughtful.”

“Neat. So… go ahead,” they said.

“Right. No Problem…,” I said, “no
problem at all…”.
A quick nervous clearing of the throat
and slight cough.

“PLAGUE!!!” they screamed.
Off they ran.   

No comments:

Post a Comment