Monday, March 8, 2021

Sleepless

 



So there I was,

awake in my bed,

tossing and turning,

rummaging through all

my anxieties, fears, and

my constant frustrations.

 

Sleep came in confused

waves, often very short

and startled, snoring and

wheezing with dry mouth

and nightmarish moans.

 

I’m exhausted by not sleeping

well. It came out of nowhere

really, minor annoyances that

sprang into full-fledged worries and

the endless pounding of insecurity.

 

I can’t wait to get back to bed

tonight, to try it all over again,

and this time I will not be

troubled by troubles that taunt

and tease.

 

I’ll relax and sigh,

hydrate and slow

the pace down,

get my breathing right and

put my worries under the bed.

 

Where they belong

with the rest

of

the

lurking

monsters.


No comments:

Post a Comment