Thursday, November 18, 2021

A Few Kind Words

 


I tell you about your beauty,

how you are a stunner, a gorgeous soul;

it’s not just a mindless waterfall

of compliments splashing on the rocks.

It’s all truth.

 

Earnest in my adoration,

clear in my praise,

honest in my admission,

and obviously lustily

longing for the same.

 

The eye of the beholder,

subjective as it is,

cannot deny how happy it makes me

to sugar you with heartfelt

pleasantries of excessive flirtations.

 

It is inappropriate.

It is not often said as

well as I would like,

but it is true,

a truth that burns my lips.

 

A stumblebum of the tongue,

prattling on about your

undeniable beauty while

constantly questioning my own

level of deserves.  

 

My enamored heart,

so taken with beauty,

is caged in ribs impervious,

it seems, to any reciprocal

expressions.

 

Eyes blinded by the finery

of physical perfection, coupled

with a full beating heart,

full of its own desires, wants,

and plans for the future.

 

Embarrassed by the flattery,

the beauty cowers in the dimness

of commonality, scared to provoke

any further feelings of untenable

desire.  


No comments:

Post a Comment