Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Once Upon An Every Time

 


It hurts me more than
it did once upon a time.
This, time.
Each day, a little
more heartbreak,
a little more sadness.
Each, time.

Time, standing in
the window, licking
a sharp knife,
watching me.
Ready to crash
through the glass
and get me. 

Time tumbling down to me,
glass shards spinning in the
sunlight like a sparkling snowstorm,
Time swinging that blade,
cutting me to the quick,
as I stand gawking at the
horrors of an everyday life,
every, day. 

The hurts,
of time,
repeatedly,
banging our heads against
history, screaming at
us to “GET IT?! DO YOU GET IT?!
ARE YOU GETTING IT YET!?!
YOU COMPLETE NIMRODS!”
as we simply stare in a blank silence. 

It breaks my heart,
this ravenous Time,
pressuring us to become
diamonds when we’re still just coal.
Stupid,
Dull,
Coal.


No comments:

Post a Comment