Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Listening

 


Listen with an open

heart as well as open ears,

as I try and tell you how I feel,

or rather how you make

me feel, when you don’t listen.

 

When talking to you is

like playing lawn darts,

with those big, metal

killer darts.

 

Some darts land

gently in the grass and

the target circle; some puncture a

kids head and they go screaming

about the yard as blood sprays all over the

clean linen hanging from the

clothes line, the fence, etc.

 

So, getting you to hear me

is sometimes, hit or miss.

And the misses.

Boy the misses!

A calamitous injury affair,

with shrapnel and extended

hospital visits.

 

So all I ask;

is that you listen,

not judge immediately,

only listen,

digest,

hear,

and think,

before lunging with

words of your own,

attempting to best me

to the quick.  

 

Listen,

with open ears,

and open heart,

and please put away the

metal lawn darts.

 

Oh, you probably didn’t hear me.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment