Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Why I Love Writing Poetry

 


Why I love writing poetry...

…is a curious question.

I bet… it’s because of…

Ellipses.

 

Yeah.

Probably because of Ellipses.

 

Or it could very well be the

freedom of words and thoughts

that poetry allows to splash onto

a page in colors too vibrant for

words and words too vibrant for

colors.

 

Or…

 

Ellipses…

 

There’s something so marvelous

and uncanny about how these words

flow from the corners of my mind,

through my arms, into my hands,

into my fingertips and then explode

onto a keyboard, hammered hard with

the disconnected ramblings of

a Tuesday afternoon.

 

…or Ellipses.

 

I can write about love, or loss,

sex or shyness, booze and bread,

bitter tears or uncontrollable fits

of belly laughter, all smeared across this

page, like a baby eating ice cream cake

for the first time.  Fearless and flavorful.

 

Or…ellipses.

 

But really… it’s obviously both.

The words and the spaces between

the words, the things not written,

the things not said, in the silences

in between…  

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment