Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Write Poetry


"What do you write?”

“Oh, you know, stuff and things.”

“Really, what stuff?”

“You know, about like how hard it is, and like, stuff and like how it is.”

“No, I’m not sure. Does it have any substance? I mean, who do you like as a poet?”

“I dunno, I don’t actually read any poetry.”

“What?”

“Yeah, like I just write some, like, stuff, and like, if anyone likes it I’m like, cool.”

“What?”

“Yeah, so, it’s cool to express myself in, like a meaningful way.”

“What?”

“Yeah, so, like, do you write poetry? Cause I love good poetry.”

“What the…?”

“Cause I like, to like, you know, like, express the things that are, like, messing with me.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah. I’m like, super deep and stuff.”

“What?”

“Yeah. All my friends are like, “You should do a book of your poetry,” and I’m all like, “Yeah.”

“You’re a grown man right?”

“Yeah.”

“What do you write about?”

“ I mean, like, the things that, like happen to me.”

“Like what?”

“Like, the stuff with, like, fucked up families and stuff.”

“Do you have a fucked up family?”

“No.”

“So how can you write a poem about it?”

“Cause, like, I can, Ummmm, like, relate.”

“How?”

“Cause I, like, get it.”

“What’s ‘it’, that you get?”

“Like, how it is. Like how hard it is to be.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s pretty awesome. I mean, really. That’s awesome. You must be the voice of a generation.”

“Yeah. I guess, kinda, but not though, cause I’m modest.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment