Friday, February 23, 2018

The Seeds



Their youthful tears are watering
the seeds of revolution.
A culture revolution
based a classic ideal.

“Justice and Equality for all.”

A simple concept. Overly rationalized
through the two American Centuries,
and then some.  It is a beautiful idea,
oft ignored when incompatible with money.

I’ve felt those hot tears of youth
streaming down my own face when
the injustice and inequality of the world
seems overwhelming.

I’ve felt that stinging stagnation of
a culture benumbed into mediocrity
through familiarity. It’s just the same old
same old and there’s nothing to be done.

It seems however, we were wrong, and
youthful tears may be the salve or even
the venom to cure or infect the malaise
that has permeated this obese American morality.

There is no Justice, but equal justice.
There is no Equality, but just equality.
This idea is so clear in their young faces,
that the unfairness of the world is not to be accepted.

It is only unfair because we allow it to be by
choosing who is equal and who gets justice,
who has the authority and who doesn’t.
We are the makers and unmakers of fairness.

 I see my reflection in their flowing tears,
and I feel my own soul weeping, yet I hope
that those tears are not shed in vain and the
tears flood the fields of helplessness.

That the seeds there are nurtured and burst
forth in plenty, clear in their bounty,
ready to nourish a country, a body, a mind,
fighting for the most simple of concepts.

“Justice and Equality for All.”

No comments:

Post a Comment