Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Well Feeling



As much as I would prefer to write
about my desire for long loving
embraces, deep passionate kisses
and lingering flirtatious eye contact,
I find that I am too obsessed with
my own wellness.

Or for lack of a better term,
my perceived wellness in spite
of this pandemic.
Every minor sniffle, soreness,
ache or minor indigestion is met with
concerns for my own well-being.

And concerns for those who may
have been around me.
I don’t feel sick or have any actual
symptoms of illness, but I am too
terrified of it all to actually feel well.
I don’t feel well.

I don’t feel well because I can’t
feel a soft special kiss on my lips
before I go to bed. I don’t feel well
because I sit alone on my sofa so
often my ass groove has its own ass
groove.

I don’t feel well because of all
the stupid around. Stupidity moving
almost as quickly as the virus, if not
moving faster. I feel like Pope Clement VI
who surrounded himself with burning torches
in the hopes of blocking the Black Death in 1347.

While there’s no indication surrounding oneself
with burning torches all day, every day, can stop
the spread of stupidity or the Black Death, Pope Clement VI never
contracted the Black Death and lived.
Plus torches are sort of passé.
So, there’s that.

I miss feeling an honest wellness,
and writing about loving, passion,
and general humanness. I miss just
feeling something other than constant
dread and anxiety.
So I guess I don’t feel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment