Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Forgot

 


I forgot to be mad.

I forgot to be jealous.

 

I forgot my regrets.

I forgot my foolishness.

 

I forgot it all.

I forgot I was forgetting.

 

I looked at her,

she looked at me.

 

I forgot everything else

except her eyes, looking back at mine.

 

I forgot about this sort of thing.

I forgot about that meaningful look.

 

I forgot lovers looked that way.

I forgot how hard I wished for it.

 

I forgot the past,

I forgot the future.

 

I forgot ever worrying,

I forgot that I was supposed to.

 

I forgot to be anxious.

I forgot to be scared.

 

I forgot my judgments.

I forgot my preconceptions.

 

I remember

Her smile.  

 

I saw it, that sweet smile,

which I had forgotten women make.

 

I hope she remembers it,

as well as I do.  

 

But then,

I forgot I am a romantic.


No comments:

Post a Comment