Thursday, December 23, 2021

I Left You a Christmas Message on Your Answering Machine

 



Merry Christmas, baby.

That was it.

That was all I wanted to say.

No need to say any more,

really.

 

Just Merry Christmas, baby.

Why the “baby” part?

I wanted it to seem intimate,

like, we had that sort of

special connection “baby” implies.

 

I wasn’t going to get into it.

Really.

I just like calling you “baby”,

or “babe” or “hot stuff”,

or “sugar booger”.

 

But you’ve got me off point,

Merry Christmas, baby, is all I wanted

to wish you. That simple.

Yup.

And maybe Happy Holidays too.

 

Okay to maybe not as simple

as all that but I think you get my

meaning about wanting to wish

you a Merry Christmas season,

or New Years if I don’t see you.

 

But I suppose I can do the New Years

thing next week, when it’s closer,

so as not to distract from the

Merry Christmas, baby, message

I’m trying to simply convey.

 

So anyway, yeah…

Did I tell you how pretty you are?

And so smart?

Well, if I didn’t, you know, you are

those things…

 

Riiiight…. so again,

just have a very Merry Christmas, sexy.

Or Baby. Or you, like, just regular Merry Christmas,

because maybe I’m seeing something that isn’t

really there, so like… yeah, Merry Christmas,

baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment