Thursday, January 27, 2022

Best Poem, Ever

 


I just need a minute,

I just need a second,

to get my thoughts straight,

in line and organized,

so I can write the most

super,

awesome,

poem,

ever.

 

Here we go…

 

Blue…,

 

 

No, wait, that was Jimmy Stewart’s

dog; Blue.

 

Let’s try again,

 

Flower of the morning,

blooms like a…

holy shit is that pedantic.

Probably like a fire ball

or something… sheesh.

 

One more stab at poetic glory…

 

 Emily Dickinson was a shut in

and recluse yet she cranked out

poem after poem, handwritten,

in droves.

 

I’m out here in the world,

cold, snowy, at a computer,

and I can’t string two words

together that are worth a damn.

 

Best poem ever…,

best poem ever…, hmmmmmm…..

 

I got it!

It’s brilliant!

Luminous!

 

“The, End”

 

Amazing. (Pats self on back)


No comments:

Post a Comment