Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Great Get In

 


All ready for the Get In?

The world famous Get In!

Where we all Get In and Get It

and it’s all gotten.

No one is left out at the Get In.

 

Bring your balloons,

Bring your Orangutans,

Bring you bright puffy pants,

bring your light up kazoos,

it’s all perfectly fine at the Get In.

 

The Get In, started by those,

who couldn’t Get In, for those

others lost in the crashing waves

of social acceptance and popularity.

The Great Get In is for the getting.

 

I got in the Get In once,

It was great, for a time,

I mean, electric monkeys and

solar powered sex toys aside,

it was a pretty okay time.

 

The Get In secret knock was

extensive, and needed a lot of

practice, including the part where

you had to do a lot of leg lifts to

get in the Get In.

 

Plus, I mean I was still me afterwards,

I didn’t really get in anywhere or

anything. I was just, a part of a little

thing that Got Me In, but was truly

just temporary.

 

Now that I think about it,

The Get In was pretty exclusive;

poor weirdos don’t go to Get Ins,

right?

Poor Weirdos make their own parties.

 

With cheap wine and stale chips,

six packs of convenience store beer,

cigarettes and dope, and the only

getting in is a state of mind,

not a place.

 

I think I will skip the

Great Get In this year.

I’ll just have my whiskey and

water, my small crowd of

weirdos, and we’ll laugh together.

 

Forget I brought it up.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment